Sunday, July 15, 2012

Breaking a taboo: Artist Talks about Art



Its a   tabooo. Right, "A painter communicates through his canvas. why does he need words".

So I was not sure when i  decided to talk about my work at one of my recent exhibitions. But I think it was important as it gave a launchpad for viewers to see the paintings through painters eyes.

This is the first time i was addressing a group and artists are not very extrovert. But I did it.
Thanks to my lovely daughter who found out the essence of my works in a poem by Atal Bihari Vajpayee. It summed up my works nicely.

The poem is titled "Suraj aur Os ki Boondh". and talks about the Lasting sun and the ever so temporary dew drop (os ki boondh).  I am not able to find it on Internet so I guess I will have to type it in or ask Preeti to do it for me. (hopefully soon). 

Meanwhile, who thought this could lead to me giving a presentation altogether. to a distinguished Panel about Art. It was a fantabulous challenge and I enjoyed it to the hilt.


No comments: